An ancient capital city that briefly ruled over Lanna, the former northern Thai Kingdom over 700 years ago. King Mangrai's in 1286 and used a Lanna capital before, when the Ping River suddenly flooded the city and changed course. King Mengrai moved his capital to the other side of the river, which present-day of Chiang Mai.
In 1984, 42 sites have been uncovered. Only Wat Chedi Liam and Wat Chang Kham as known by the locals are left, which escape from the flood are in good condition.
The best way to see over the ruined city is by horse drawn carriage or an open-air tram.
Contact us: Wiang Kum Kam Information Centre on tel: 0 5327 7322